BTR for data and status of 1746 NR8 over Remote IO

jograzn2

I'm new at working with RIO and have a question I was hoping somebody could please help with.

I've got a SLC 5/05 with a 1747 SN Remote IO Scanner. This scanner is communicating with a 1747 ASB on a remote rack. On the remote rack I've got a 1746 NR8 RTD Input card.

I've sucessfully set up a BTW to configure this NR8 card. I am also getting data back with a BTR.

My issue is that, as I understand it, I can only transfer 8 words through the BTR. Words 0-7 from the NR8 image are the channel data. Is there no way I can ever get 8-15 for the channel status's?

If somebody could point out what I'm missing I would greatly appreciate it.

In the I/O config, change your 1746-NR8 to 1746-NR8 Class 3

The Class 3 option gives you the extra diagnostic data. Then you will need to adjust the block transfer sizes to match.

OkiePC,
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry I don't see how I can change the I/O config for a remote rack. In my existing file I only see the local racks in the I/O config.