Upload from a proface HMi .

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I was on site today and asked could i get the software for a proface screen and
Up load the code and make some changes as I had jst done with a couple of Ab screens. The model number is GP2300-SC41-24
I looked at the profane Website but did not get what I was hoping for .

Thanks

Donnchadh

I didn't think Proface gave any full functioning software away. The free version does slow out to create programs but you can't send them to or from an HMI.

You will need to purchase the software that Brendan mentioned to make changes unfortunately. They do however have a free tool on their website to download and upload from panels (GP2300 has been out of production for a while now though), and you might be able to find someone who can make the changes for you - although testing might be problematic.

I had to replace a faulty panel in one of our centrifuges (package machine, only proface panel we have), and luckily the NZ agent was very helpful and did a conversion for me, sent me a new panel with the project already loaded.

The editing software for the old panels was only a couple hundred dollars from memory.

I didn't think Proface gave any full functioning software away. The free version does slow out to create programs but you can't send them to or from an HMI.

I've used the free GP-Pro EX to create and transfer a few applications to the little GP4100 series HMI's.

There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on this series at least.

HI All

Thanks for the answers.
I will try the free version first but I have no problem
buying the software.
The good news is I can upload and make my changes and downlaod again.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

I think that GP Pro EX works only with the current 3000 and 4000 series units. For older 2000 series units one would need older GP-Pro/PB3 software.

To make things more complicated, Pro-face 2000 series hardware was the same as Total Control/GE Fanuc QuickPanels, programmable with QuickDesigner (entirely different beast!). So one would need to find out what the original application was created with.

Hi ladder logic

Thanks for that I will look into getting the software tomorrow

Thanks again

Donnchadh

I am using GP Pro Ex software.
I want to create pop up screen when I press on a lamp/switch.
When I press the valve (lamp/switch) , i want a pop up screen .
Please kindly advise.

Last edited: