Out of range value

Paul_Sad

Using a Honeywell HC900, the analog input value out is a negative value. My question is do I have a bad analog card because the range is 0-3200 for a 4-20 mA linear current loop? Attached is an image.

NegValue.jpg

What is the actual ma value?

Looks like a low zero to me.
Mickey, thank you for the quick reply. I'm not onsite and won't have that until tomorrow. I would think the Honeywell would prevent this with a warning or a fail. But doing the math I expect the ma value to be 3.81.

Mickey's right. It's a value lower than 4.0mA

From the Function Block manual:

ATTENTION
The failsafe detection on this input block configured for 4-20mA range is:
Low Detection: 2.4mA
High Detection: 21.6mA

Outside of the range the flag (Input Fail) is ON. There is no detection from 0 to 4 mA, but the block continues to provide data that can be compared via an Alarm Block, for example.