Micrologix 1500 won't connect - did it die?

zephxiiii

So I have a Micrologix 1500 LSP that was running a test station, but suddenly stopped (while I was on vacation).

It lights up with the power light, run light lights up when switch is put into run mode, and the COMM 0 light blinks here and there. If I push the DCOMM button, DCOMM lights up... but I can't connect to it from laptop using the front port.

Now if i plug my cable into another one that is running, it shows up in RSLinx as available etc., but this one will not.

I'm pretty much a newb so looking for some suggestions.

Just a guess... but pushing the DCOMM button will switch the COMM's but if you push it twice it will switch back, how many times did you push it

Also try clicking auto configure again in RSLinx configure (assuming you are using the DF1 driver)

After you push the DCOMM button. You are using DF1 protocol? And what happens when you click on autoconfigure?

You might also try configuring RSLinx manually to the controllers default setting, see pdf.

Edit: geniusintraining types faster then I do.

Putting it into DCOMM mode, auto configure driver, then closing and restarting RSLinx got me back into it.

I forgot to see if there was a program inside it though which sucks. I just downloaded the one that was in it again and it started running again. I even pulled the power to it to see if it would restart and it did.

Not sure why it stopped running like that, had been going for a couple of years at least no problems. All it is, are some timers that cycle a couple of outputs.