iFix3.5

Olga

Hello!
Can someone please help me?

I have a project at work where I have to work with iFix 3.5. The task is to combine the two HMIs, i.e take images from one SCADA (PLC01) and transfer them to a different one (PLC02). I had to change all the node names from PLC01 to PLC02 in animations, tag editor and scripts, but now I have an error '1750 (000006d6) PLC02.SERVICE_STATUS.F_CV: Tag name is not defined'.

I have no idea how to fix it and who to ask for help. You are my last resort!

Many thanks,

Olga

I haven't used iFix 3.5... so I may be way off.

However, in later versions if you have more than one server you can configure the server under network with the node name that the images reference to and it will get the data that way.

I have that at the moment at work, two servers controlling different plants, but both have all the images and therefore you can see the data from both plants in the same screen. Mind you that this is SCADA level comms, not PLC comms. If one server were to fail, the link to the PLC's interfaced with it would be gone.

iFix has a tag database. This is where the tags are defined, data type, scaled (if needed) and mapped to specific PLC memory locations. If you are combining two HMI's then you will have to copy all the graphics AND merge the two databases. I have not used iFix in awhile, but I think I remember a database import/export feature, might help with the merger.

-Ken

iFix has a tag database. This is where the tags are defined, data type, scaled (if needed) and mapped to specific PLC memory locations. If you are combining two HMI's then you will have to copy all the graphics AND merge the two databases. I have not used iFix in awhile, but I think I remember a database import/export feature, might help with the merger.

-Ken

Important thing to add to this is that the communication load on the PLC side will double and some PLC's may not like it.

Hi, I did export/import the entire database. Also changed the node name everywhere through find and replace option including scripts. I also made sure that all node name are replaced in the tag editor as well.
I don't know why it still give me this error message...

I maybe off too since I never messed with 3.5, but does the tag value show up in database manager? In current iFix version you can see real time value in Databasemanager.

Sorry, I am a complete beginner in this. When I go into database manager, I only see about 52 tags (and there's a lot more) and their i/o addresses all start with demo.xxxx.tagname. This is the only node that I can open, so I have no clue where to make the corrections if necessary. Also, if I change the node name back into original one, i.e PLC01, then the message changes into: Unable to connect to node. Check network configuration (SCU).

iFix, in later versions, has the habit of keeping the previous search parameters active when you open the PDB.

Can you try to press Ctrl + Enter inside the PDB and see if the filter tab opens? In there, you should be able to filter by all tags instead of whatever was there before.

Is it just one single tag that's not working on the screen or is it all the tags?

Have you tried to create a tag from scratch and add on to the screen to see if it works?

Hi, it's connected to the state of reactor, precooler, aftercooler and other instruments. Every single tag works apart from this one (displaying the state).

Where is this tag being used? Can you create a new object in the screen and list this same tag that you know exists and see if it works or if it throws an error?

Perhaps the tag is used in a script and it's looking for a certain type of tag and not seeing it. Does it make sense?

Just because you have the right name, you may not have the right type.

The tagname MUST be typoed somehow. Extra space, zero instead of O. Something like that. Its saying it cant see that tag in the iFix database.
Its also possible that the page loaded before the database was read. Edit FilteredErrors.ini to include the 1750 error if you are absolutely certain the tagname exists and you have no ???? on the HMI screen.