Siemens Starter Software

Jim G.

We just started up a new production line with all Siemens controls. This is my first experience with Siemens. I am not impressed. So I'm trying to install Starter 4.5 SP1 on to a laptop. Since I don't have internet access for this particular laptop, I downloaded the software on to a flash drive. I copied all the files over to the laptop and begin installation. A screen pops up and asked to select setup language of which I selected English. After accepting the terms, another screen pops up asking me to select install language. This time English is greyed out. What's up with that?

This is 4.5 sp1

64-bit operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (standard installation)
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, from Version 1511
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, from Version 1511
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2