InduSoft and InTouch

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I have worked with WW Intouch for a while now and have now been given a project that they are requesting Indusoft. I am going out on a limb and assuming since both are Schneider s-ware that there will be some similarities. Could someone with experience with both please enlighten me with those similarities, or is Indusoft an entirely different animal?
Thank you

Wonderware ME is InduSoft rebranded. It is very similar to InTouch. I have never ask Wonderware for help but the InduSoft support is great.

Since both are Schneider software that there will be some similarities.

Schneider acquired both software companies separately, so there's no shared development history. The private label/redistribution of Indusoft by Wonderware (as Intouch ME) pre-dated the acquisition and you will see some integration of things like Wonderware Historian in IWS.

Schneider recently spun off their industrial software businesses; InduSoft and Wonderware both belonged to "Schneider Industrial Software LLC" until 2017 but are now divisions of a UK engineering services company called AVEVA.

My company uses InduSoft almost exclusively for HMI now. Support has been pretty good, and installation and stability have been very good.

Schneider acquired both software companies separately, so there's no shared development history. The private label/redistribution of Indusoft by Wonderware (as Intouch ME) pre-dated the acquisition and you will see some integration of things like Wonderware Historian in IWS.

Schneider recently spun off their industrial software businesses; InduSoft and Wonderware both belonged to "Schneider Industrial Software LLC" until 2017 but are now divisions of a UK engineering services company called AVEVA.

My company uses InduSoft almost exclusively for HMI now. Support has been pretty good, and installation and stability have been very good.

Thanks for the info Ken.