Factory Talk ME active x

caddisjt1

I am creating an application that I would like to have a button pressed and it would bring up a text or pdf document. I have downloaded a sample from RA but I am wondering if I have to transfer my document to the panel view plus on a usb drive or can it be done via Ethernet. Where on the terminal would be the location to store this document. They do have a built in pdf reader but I am unsure how to put anything in that location. Any tips would be great.

I always put my PDF documents on the removable media for the PanelView Plus.

On the original hardware PV+ terminals, that was a CompactFlash card, and on the PV+ 6 it's an SD card.

In both cases those are called "\Storage Card2" in the PV+ filesystem.

Unless you have the "Windows CE desktop" model, you don't have very good access over Ethernet to the internal "\Storage Card" filesystem of the PV+ terminal. The File Transfer utility only gives you access to the \...\Runtime folder and the \...\Font folder.

I find it much easier to store and maintain the PDF documents on the removable media card.

It's still a pain to configure the FTP server and figure out the internal file system directories.

I put in a couple of PV+1500's last year that had the CE desktop features, but I still put the PDF documents on the external SD cards because I found it a lot easier to pop out the card, stick it in my computer, and move the files to it, then pop it back into the PV+.

I am still struggling with getting the pop up to function. From RA knowledge base tech note# 121273 I learned a little but I am not sure where to place a file. I did not want to leave a memory card in the terminal. I have created the HMI tags but so far I am unable to get this to function. Any tricks would be great. Thanks