Structured text in factorytalk view studio?

Crailberry

Just had a quick question regarding structured text in factorytalk. I would assume this is possible.

Is it just like rslogix5000 structured text? Because I've written a program in a Red Lion before, and the "structured text" it used seemed to be more like C++ more than anything.

If you can use structured text in factorytalk, whereabouts in your utility tree would you go to implement something like that? Is there maybe a tutorial floating around?

Thanks!

No Structured Text in FT View.

Certain objects can make use of the command language to control tag behaviors or object appearance and animation. The command language is accessible in any field that has an expression.

VBA is another option for accomplishing similar capabilities. There is much more flexibility with VBA particularly in working with ActiveX or other external programs.

But no Structured Text. The HMI is not a logic solving machine like the controllers.

OG