Wonderware System Platform Setup - Need Suggestions

andrewstar03

Hi All,

I have Multiple Galaxies in a Production Plant.

We are working to bring in all the HMI controls into a Centralized Control Room. This room will use ACP ThinManager to serve three clients (Thin Clients). I am looking for a way to have all HMIs from these multiple Galaxies to be deployed into a single Node which will be the Terminal Server (will be setup as Primary and Secondary).

I am thinking of using one of the Galaxies to host all of the HMIs and then deploy it to the Terminal Server node. But the problem with this is (1.) I will need to import all of the Archestra Graphics used by the HMIs, as well as (2.) duplicate the DA Servers from the other Galaxy(not very sure with this). And (3.) future concerns would include implementing modifications made within the original HMI from each Galaxy to the imported HMIs (Intouch viewapp objects), this might cause discrepancy with the HMIs if not done properly.

So I am looking for other ways to implement our plan without too much impact with the existing setup like if there are ways which I could deploy multiple intouch viewapp objects from multiple galaxy into a single node, or just simply integrate all galaxies into one galaxy since this is the best way to deal with issues like this one we are currently facing.

Hope to hear your ideas.

Thanks!

I believe you can do ‘multi-galaxy’ projects almost exactly what you are wanting.
We do want to do something similar, albeit with remote sites/galaxies, but have not approached it yet.

Sounds like a question for your distributor/tech support more so though?

Yes Multi Galaxy configuration is one solution and I am currently working with that. however the main concern for this setup is the Propagation of changes made on the Original (Main) Galaxy to the Objects which is imported to the Paired galaxy.

I already asked for support with the distributor, unfortunately I haven't heard from them yet so I decided to post and hear what other members had to say.