Unlock an OEM Locked (Allow / Deny Future Access S:1/14) MLX 1500 Processor

69FIREBIRD

Hi, does anyone know how to unlock and OEM locked (MLX1500) processor?

(Allow Future Access - OEM Lock Protection S:1/14 set on)

We have a site where we don’t have access to the original .RSS file so can’t get online. We have tried turning off this bit via access to data tables via RSlinx/RSlogix but no go, we have tried continuously messaging to that address to overwrite it but no go.

We are looking at rewriting the PLC code if we can’t get in - but it all takes time so a hack or work around for this OEM locked processor would be great.

Has anyone been successful in getting past the OEM lock in the past?

Thanks in advance.

The OEM Lock feature of your controller is operating as designed.

Your only options are to obtain an offline copy of the controller program or clear the controller memory and start from scratch.

I am in the same boat. My Rockwell Field guy said they can't recover the program

Got to schedule time to write a new program for a winder with oem lock. We have to make some changes to run a new product test.