Support for Panel View 600 Plus (Tags)

McBacon

Hello together,
Right now I'm working with a Panel View Plus 600 (Allen Bradley).
I wanna set up my tags for a programm on a ControlLogix over this panel.

I know how to create HMI Tags, how to import tags of a already existing programms, how to create a shortcut etc. and it looks as it would work.

But if I wanna use them and create buttons in FactoryTalk, I always have the statement "Error" on my screen and I don't know what I've made wrong 🔨

Could someone explain me where the mistake could be?
If there are questions how or with what I excactly work, just ask here.

Thanks for help

McBacon

The Object "Error" you are experiencing (I presume within the FTVS "Test Display" or "Test Application" utilities) is caused by the lack of connectivity (RSLinx Enterprise/Communications Setup/Design Tab)between the machine running FTVS and the CPU controller "handling" the HMI tags.
You cannot test any application's features unless "connected" to the CompactLogix.
If you are just trying to build a Display, every configured object (and any object's eventual multiple states!)needs to be also "connected" (Properties/Connections) to one of the previously created HMI Tags, tag which should also be related to a properly configured communications "Shortcut".

Thanks a lot! My mistake was that I choosed directly the tags of the RSLogix programm instead of the HMI tags.

Now appears no "error" and no warninig when I change the button to another state. But there is also no hint on the ControlLogix, that I set the tag on the Touchpanel. Why?

I dont't know what type of HMI platforms you've been previously working with, however, there are no CPU "hints" as if an HMI read/write command is successfully completed; it either works or not and the controller doesn't really care about the HMI's functionality unless coded within the PLC user program (Handshaking); an unsuccessful Read command will usually bring up an Error within the HMI application, however, any Write object which doesn't connect properly will not "notify" the CPU unless coded Hanshaking is present within the controller's user application.
If you picked tags from the RSL5K Offline application, then an identical Logix5000 application has to be running on the CLX and the Design communication path Shortcut has to be functional in order for the developer to be able to Test Display or Test Application from within the FTVS machine.

I have an identical application. But if I set up a button,the communication between TP and CL doesn't work.
What should I do?

Now, the setting of tags works. The only problem is now, that the CL isn't able to read the informations, that I've sent with the Touchpanel. And I also can't see it on the computer. So the problem has to be in the communication. But where?

Can you READ the CLX data within the PV+ application?
If you CAN, then the FTVS WRITE objects are not properly configured.
If you cannot WRITE TO or READ FROM the controller, then the "Runtime" RSLinx Enterprise tab path (Shortcut)is not functional; this is the path taken by the PV+ to CLX communications at Runtime.
Go to the FTVS RSLinx Enterprise/Communication Settings Runtime tab.
Delete everything under the existing RSLinx Enterprise network and, from the HMI's vantage point, add all the communications devices used between the PV+ terminal and the CLX controller; there shouldn't be any HMI terminals within and the Runtime path should end at the CPU controller.
"Apply","OK", create the Runtimefile (matching the terminal's Firmware Revision), download to the terminal.
You cannot "Copy from Design to Runtime" if you are developing the application in your office; unless on the floor and patched within the HMI/CLX subnet, the Design and Runtime paths are different!

Ah, okay. I choosed "Copy from design to Runtime". Unfortunately I don't have time enough today to complete it and will be away in the next days. But at monday, I'm going to try it.

Thanks a lot! I'll write you about the result and hope it works :D

McBacon

Don't despair just yet...:)
If the networking topology is correct, the "Design(Local)" Path is okay, hence you should be able to "Test Display" from within the FTVS PC.
Now back to the "Runtime(Target)" path...
This is the path the communications between the HMI and the CPU controller will take place when the terminal is installed in the field; the Runtime Path in you project is not correct since it points to the terminal itself! (There are no HMIs within any communications shortcuts!) The Runtime path (just as the Design one)should point to the CPU controller!
This is a pretty common mistake for FTVS first time users.
Within the Runtime Tab, right-click the PV+ 600 terminal icon and DELETE IT!
After deleting the PV+600, right/click the EtherNet, Ethernet network and pick "Add-Device\Communications"- choose the 1756 EtherNet/IP bridge type servicing the subnet the HMI is installed within (1756-ENBT, 1756-EN2T, etc.)and "state" its IP address; if this is done correctly, upon the bridge's addition, you should be able to drill down to the L63 CPU; highlight it and then hit the APPLY button within the Shortcut definition upper-left corner applet; you will be prompted that the path you have just defined has been implemented.
Re-create the Runtime application, Download to the HMI with the "Replace Communications" option "checked".
This should do it...Easy enough, huh?!...🔨

To manually add a Compactlogix processor, the procedure is very similar to what dmargineau explained.

1) Right click Ethernet network and choose "Add Device"
2) Under EthernetIP Devices, choose Ethernet Bridge (1769-L35E) and select the appropriate revision.
3) In the popup window, enter the proper IP address and select Slot 1. Click Ok.
4) Now expand the device you just added. You should see Compactlogix System beneath it. Right click on Compactlogix System and choose "Add Device".
5) Expand the 1769-L35E/A processor selection and choose the appropriate revision.
6) In the popup window, name the processor and select Slot 0.
7) Create the shortcut by selecting your shortcut name in the left window and then selecting the processor (not the Ethernet Bridge!) in the right window and click apply.
8) Re-create the runtime.
9) Download and replace comms.