AB Micro850 2085 IF-8 Analog Expansion Module

Zephy

Having some trouble with getting data from this expansion module:

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. No matter how many volts are being put through the terminals, we're getting responses from ~0-10 (or in the case of raw data -~37000 to -~37010). I've been tinkering with the settings in various configurations using different combinations of filters and data types, nothing seems to help on the software side, getting nothing but 1-10 even when the measured voltage across the terminals is about 5.5v. I'm not very familiar with these analog systems, so I can't help thinking I've missed something fundamental, but I have no concept of what I have to do here.

Does anyone else know?

I have used these modules but in 4-20 ma input range.

Obviously they will not work if wiring is incorrect. If your source is known (say 5V) you can configure alarm set point to prove the card and the wiring.

Cards have an LED for each input, they will show red will if you configure the alarm lower than your known source, or not connected or connected incorrectly, as much as I can remember.

Thanks for the answer! Some of the channels flash red briefly and periodically, accompanied by a brief leap in value. It seems that the wiring is wrong somehow, though the electronics guy put 5v straight into the terminal and got nothing. I'll ask him to have another look at the manual, I can't really understand the wiring suggestion on it.

Which terminals are you connecting your voltage across?

Also, make sure you have selected 0-10V (or -10 to 10V) for each channel you are using in the I/O configuration editor.

I reluctantly admit that I'm a comp sci student who got roped into programming PLCs, so I don't know too much about the hardware side, which is taken care of by the company's electronics guy. Admittedly he got roped into doing the wiring for the PLCs too so it's a bit of a mess. Hopefully we can learn as we go. Anyway, far as I can tell, he connected it across channel V0 and Common.

Ah, my old friend, the manual. I've seen this one quite a few times. Unfortunately RTFM doesn't seem to help me, as my settings are already as follows:

Enable Channel is checked.
Minimum-Maximum input range: 0-10V
Data Format: Engineering Units
Input Filter: No Filter

I turned the filter off to see what would happen. It didn't help much. So to your knowledge, there's nothing else that would need to be done on the PLC, right? So there's probably something shonky going on with the wiring, which is bothersome since that bit is almost entirely out of my control (and know-how).

Thanks for your response; I probably should have included my settings earlier. My bad.

Did you build save and download your project to the controller? -32767 is not engineering units, the unit is still giving raw/proportional data, which suggests it has not received your configuration at all. And are you referencing the correct slot/channel?