Vijeo Designer Version Issues

jpleshette

I have several Vijeo projects written with V6.1.393. My customer has version V6.0.3.142 SP3 and is reluctant to upgrade (he has many PCs with the older verion installed)

Unfortunately he is unable to open any of my Vijeo projects, as they were written with a newer version.

Is there anything I can do to save my projects as an earlier version?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm also still using v6.0 SP3 (as per attachment). I've not had a reason to upgrade just yet, but I develop our Magelis applications in house, so it hasn't been a problem yet with other people's versions. Unfortunately, Vijeo Designer is not backward compatible in the sense that you can save a newer project as an older version. Nor is there any direct method for backward conversion to my knowledge?

In Vijeo Designer, if you go to "Help...Contents" and over in the right hand Blue boxes under "Upgrading Software", click "Data Conversion When Upgrading". Here you can find all the differences between your customer's version and your newer version. This is not much help, but it goes a small way toward indicating the possible differences between the two versions.

If you need to support older versions, then I'd suggest you use VMWare to run v6.0 SP3 and create this customer's projects in there and flash a Magelis to v6.0 SP3 runtime for testing.

Depending on the complexity of the projects you've created for them, you could copy and paste any variables, panels, alarms, etc., into a VMWare v6.0 SP3 project from your host OS v6.1 project via the Shared Folder or a USB drive? This would still be quicker than starting afresh, as you would only need to configure minor settings for the project to get back to where you were in the 6.1 version, but you will have to get VMWare setup first, if not already.

That's about the best option I can think of at the moment, sorry.

Regards,
George

Vijeo_Designer_v6.0_SP3.png

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to reply. Having messed around with this problem all Friday afternoon and all day yesterday, I have a solution very similar to yours. I now have 2 versions of Vijeo - newer version on Win7 and older version on XP Mode on the same laptop. Using the shared clipboard, is seems I am able to copy and paste entire screens from new to old. I only have about a dozen screens, so it shouldn't take long. Seems that when I paste a screen, it brings all it's variables with it too.

Why Schneider should not incluse a save as feature, I don't know. Except of course it ultimately forces everyone to upgrade.... bit like a virus!

Thanks
again

Jon

Excellent!

Yes the copy/paste works for just about everything except Security I think. I've used it a lot for pulling template type screens, etc. from one project to another.

Good luck (y)
George

hi friends,

i try to download vijeo designer v6.1 in ftp server. finally i got v6.2, that also not properly install, i thought that is update software files. so please give any suggestion for downloading of v6.1.
anybody send link for vijeodesigner v6.1
thanks

A quick Google search using the term...

Vijeo Designer 6.1 download

...returned this as the first result...

Vijeo Designer V6.1 SP3

Is this the download link that you have already used?

tamilaotc said:
...i try to download vijeo designer v6.1 in ftp server. finally i got v6.2...

Are you saying that the download you selected said it was v6.1 but ended up being v6.2?

I'm assuming here that you are currently using VijeoDesigner v6.0 and want to upgrade to v6.1 or v6.2? You must, as I'm sure you have noticed, upgrade sequentially. You must first upgrade v6.0 to v6.1 and then you can upgrade from v6.1 to v6.2. You cannot upgrade directly from v6.0 to v6.2.

Regards,
George

Hello,

I need to convert my Vijeo project in v6.2 SP2 to a 6.2 SP1 file. I tried to copy paste the panels to my VMware Vijeo 6.2 SP1 but it doesn't work. I can't copy paste to WMware machine.

Can you help me please, thanks.

my 2 cents: I too am afraid to upgrade anything schneider if it is working.
trust me, i lived through all the vijeo versions. it was hell. not AB hell, but close.
v6.2 seems cool though. and trust me, i find all the bugs.