1769-AENTR alternate use

Lovell

Does anyone have experience connecting an EthernetIP capable device other than an AB PLC to a 1769-AENTR with IO? I am wondering if I would be able to access the IO via EthernetIP without an AB PLC.

I have done this the other way. I have added devices that are EthernetIP enabled and attached them to a ControlLogix or CompactLogix but I have never tried the other way.

Any ideas?

Here's a thread on a similar (not quite the same) topic from a few weeks back. I think Ken's answer in post #10 sums up my feeling on the issue fairly well - to me, the time spent trying to mess about and make it work would make it not worth the effort, unless you're not working on an hourly-rate basis.

I'd suggest it's probably possible, and of course, without knowing your specific application I can't rule it out as a viable solution - that's just my 2c :)