Kepserver opc da driver

ygnm

Any kepserver guru's out there every used the opc da driver with kepserver enterprise? i have it set up where i went through and drilled down to the opc server i want to use and imported all the data that i need from it but when i run the quick client it says it cant communicate with the server. Any help?

What versions of KEPServerEnterprise and KEPServerEX are you running. Changes have been made in both products. I just connected both of the latest versions with no issues

ex is 5.13.191 and enterprise is 5.13.235. i have enterprise reading ex fine but the opc da drive does not exist in the panelview so it cant read the info from enterprise.

it works when i run it as a test on my computer but when i transfer it to the panelview i get item is no longer available. i can navigate through the folders and find the tags i want but no data shows up on the panelview itself.

Some drivers donot exist in the CE version of the Enterprise sever. The DA Client Driver is one of them. Also there is no support in CE for Remote DCOM. You would also have to be able to Configure DCOM Security on the Panel which if I remember correctly you cannot do.

This is by design on the panels.