Siemens S71200 OB86 For GSD board

dabanani

I have a S71200 PLC connected to GSD board as a ProFinet I/O
I am tasked with detecting when loss of communication happens

I understand this can be done with OB86 (Rack or Station Failure).

I am wondering how to best set up OB86 so that I can get a bit to tell me when ever there is loss of communication between my pLC and the GSD board.

Thanks you and your help is highly appreciated..

There is a block called DeviceStates, which you can use to read out status of all devices in your Profinet system. There is a good help available in online help, basically you call this block with MODE = 4, and then it gives you an array of 1024 bits, each bit representing a device on the network.

Place the block in OB86 with EN = TRUE.

Also place the block with exactly the same parameters in OB1, but periodically give one cycle pulses to EN, instead of constant TRUE.

In this way, when a change occurs in your network, OB86 gets executed and status of the devices in network is updated immediately. However if one event is missed for one reason or another, status of the devices is still updated after a delay when block is executed in OB1 with EN pulse.

Matsdin,
Thank you for all your help. I was able to create a program that work.
I have attached screen of my routine in case someone will benefit from it.

Regards.