IN WONDERWARE HISTORIAN How to use string tags for responding to real-time tags?

xzy1023

First all please forgive my poor English language proficiency.
I already successfully setup a analog tag reading data form PLC. Then I want to create a user-define string a tag to store the specific massages which could be used in the report.

So, 1: Which Acquisition Type should I choose for that String Tag ? I/O Server Acquisition or MDAS/Manual Acquisition (What is MDAS used for?)
2. I believe I should use Event Tags to achieve that. Using the detector to the analog tag, but, how should I set the action to change the string tag to the massage I need?

Thank you everyone.

Similar Topics

Hi, We are setting up an Aveva Plant SCADA node with the intention to connect it to a Wonderware Historian node. Everywhere I look online I see...
Replies
Views
So I'm trying to make a tag I created in WonderWare Historian display the correct tag values on the inTouch client but it is currently showing...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Our plant is running Wonderware Historian on a Virtual Server and every few days I'm losing comms to my PLCs. Usually I can simply...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I found some interesting issue from my Wonderware environment. At my Trend table option, if i select "both", the Trend table is not...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to monitor Wonderware historian's heartbeat and trigger a fault if Historian is not communicating /offline in PLC. Currently my...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom