Pinout of cable between pc and IAI PCON driver

eddiechiacp

Hi, does anyone have the pinout communication cable between pc 9pin to IAI Pcon motor driver, currently, you need a rcb-cv-mw and cb-rca-sio to communicate between pc and Pcon driver. Is there a direct way or cable that does not require a unit of Rcb-cv-mw or rcb-cv-usb??
Thanks

Pretty sure there is no direct connection available.
I understand that the PCON communication is RS485.
I tried to use a USB to 485 converter and connect directly, it fired the PCON.

Hope this will help.

hi gtsuport,
You have wrote that you have tried using USB to 485 converter and connect directly, it fired the PCON. What do you mean "it fired the PCON". Is it working?? or fail??

"It literally smoked the comm port.
White smoke came out of the PCON.
Ended up replacing the PCON with a new unit."

How you do it???
I have tried PCON,RCP2 and RCA driver with usb to RS485, it work fine, I dont see any SMOKE coming out. I put it for run non stop for 5 hours and more till now, it work fine. I like to know how you connect the pcon to rs485 converter, that you can see smoke ??

how exactly did you wire the PCON to a 485 adapter? I have a usb to 485 adapter and an old pcon to serial cable. Im wanting to make a usb cable I can use

Diagram Cable connect USB-Rs485 to PCon?

"It literally smoked the comm port.
White smoke came out of the PCON.
Ended up replacing the PCON with a new unit."

How you do it???
I have tried PCON,RCP2 and RCA driver with usb to RS485, it work fine, I dont see any SMOKE coming out. I put it for run non stop for 5 hours and more till now, it work fine. I like to know how you connect the pcon to rs485 converter, that you can see smoke ??

Can you share it ( Diagram Cable connect USB-Rs485 to PCon?), thanks