PLC Configuration Management Program

jjimen03

Hello All,

I was looking at Rockwell's FactoryTalk Asset Centre as a solution to our PLC program management, change control, and configuration management needs at our facility. Where this program can be used to "check-out" the PLC program, make changes to it, and "Check" it back in. This way, we can keep track of who made the changes, when they made the changes, and what changes were made. This product of course is specific to Allen Bradley PLCs.

I was wondering, if there is a product out there that provides the same functions, but is not PLC vendor specific. In other words, a program where we can upload/download ControlLogix, Modicon, GE and Siemens PLC programs to a Server for example. Have the user be able ( Depending on his/her privileges ) to check-in/out, modify, view the PLC code, and have the configuration management program be able to "compare" the PLC programs and provide the results of any differences that may exist.

Thoughts?

MDT Autosave - comes up as the first result if you search for plc version control 800 pound gorrilla
VersionDog
PAS (uses MDT I believe for the particular functionality)
GIT (can be configured to use external diff tools, or look at the L5K exports or equivelant. You can set up rules so you can't upload a new revision if the L5K hasn't changed. And it is distributed, and allows parallel development, etc etc. Git git, git )