Red Lion Crimson Emulator

kittydog42

I am trying to emulate a G310 as a Modbus TCP master using IP address 127.0.0.1. I am connecting to a Modbus TCP slave simulator. The Modbus data is there since I can read it with a Modbus TCP master scanner at address 127.0.0.1. I only have one register enabled, 40001.

Can the Red Lion emulator use the localhost address? Does anyone have experience with this?

Does the slave simulator exist on the same PC as the G3 emulator?

I have never tried that before. I think the emulator is going to want to be pointed at a particular network device and may work with one which is emulated, but I suspect that the localhost IP address is going to be a concern, especially if it is already in use. I would think that the emulator and simulator need unique IP addresses even if they only exist in the ether of your machine.

Can you change the IP address of the Slave Simulator to a private IP value?

It's all in the same computer. I actually also did the test with Advanced HMI and it worked but I would prefer to use Red Lion for the test since it is a more traditional HMI.