Do you folks know of any reliable Spiral Conveyors for the Food Industry ?

Good Afternoon ,

Sometimes we have an over abundance of product. Sometimes we do not want to always shutdown our manufacturing process. Do you know of any good , reliable , somewhat maintenance free Spiral Conveyors ? We are actualy in the food industry , so it needs to be food grade.

Thanks so much for your input in advance.

I did a bunch of PLC work with these folks years ago in Seattle for the frozen seafood industry. High quality systems with good support, their customers swore by them.
http://www.jbtfoodtech.com/en/Solutions/Processes/Freezing-and-Chilling

Might be different in the USA, but that's not the experience I've had with JBT. Terrible, terrible support - we wanted a simple code change done, they wouldn't let us do it, and they took 8 months to get it done (even with a remote access option, which is how they eventually did it) because "there's only one engineer who services your area, and he's busy". He was off in Sweden and Egypt at various times we asked, so I'm not sure what sort of territory this "one engineer" has to cover. When they finally did make the change, he only read half my documentation, did a half-a**ed job, and then got grumpy when we woke him back up to finish the job according to the spec he'd been given.

I also saw the PLC code in the end, and it was godawful. Still to this day in the top ten worst I've ever seen.

Like I say, might be different over in the states, but JBT is one company that will never ever be asked to quote again for this (quite large) company or any of their associates.

We have been using Sentry conveyors for some years now, and I think they are pretty good. We actually just installed our first spiral conveyor a couple of months ago now, and so far so good. Some of their controls I think might be a little overbuilt (using a ControlLogix system to control a few conveyors - start/stop/speed) and sometimes overly complicated, but it all works really well once it's tuned. I'd say they are at least worth getting a quote from!

www.sentryequipment.com