Cscape user select analog output value

nosajnil

I have a Horner XL6. I am trying to have the touchscreen display from 0~100. with up/ and down arrow button for the user the select the value. This value will then scale down to 0~5V or 0~10 V and output through analog terminal.
How should I go about doing this?
I just need to know which topics to search under the "help" section of Cscape. Then I should be able to figure out from there.

I have a Horner XL6. I am trying to have the touchscreen display from 0~100. with up/ and down arrow button for the user the select the value. This value will then scale down to 0~5V or 0~10 V and output through analog terminal.
How should I go about doing this?
I just need to know which topics to search under the "help" section of Cscape. Then I should be able to figure out from there.
Look into "Scale" under help.
I've attached a screenshot in order to help.
Basically, you will use an %R (register, type INT) on your screen for your slider.
The register will feed the data to your Analog Output.

The screen shot shows a basic 0-32767 INT type register.
The TOP MIN/MAX can be altered to your needs.
Use MIN=0 and Max=100 (your desired range).
The BOTTOM MIN/MAX has to be MIN=0, MAX=32767 which is the RAW value sent to your analog output card.
0 will be 0V and 32767 will be 5V (or 10V) out of your card.

The Analog output has to match the one used with your hardware (%AQ009 need to be changed to your actual %AQxxx to match your hardware).
Also, make sure your hardware configuration for the analog output is correct.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
so I got the slider working with changing values showing on my screen in debug mode. But where is the analog output terminal on my PLC?
The model is HE-EXL1E2FD. And I attach some pictures of the unit.

IMG_5780.jpg IMG_5781.jpg IMG_5782.jpg IMG_5783.jpg

The HE-XL1E2 does not have PWM outputs.
You will get two on the HE-XL1E3 and above. See the following:
http://www.heapg.com/legacy-products/116-xl6.html

Why not just use a regular register to put the pseudo-analog output value into it?

Regards,
could you explain what you mean by "Why not just use a regular register to put the pseudo-analog output value into it? "
regular resistor won't vary based on user selection on the touchscreen right?
I try to allow user to adjust the speed of the motor.

The analog output that you put in the register can be used in a number of ways. An example would be to use Modbus communication and talk to a drive to communicate the set speed.
Depending on your program you can get any register to display on your touchscreen.