Problem communicating plc to factory talk site edition

kevj11

Hi all,
I am currently working on a project involving the use of a Micrologix 1100 PLC with RSlogix 500. With the program downloaded to the PLC, I can only control using the physical application. But When I try to toggle a bit, it will not do anything. It will only work when I force it ON. Can anyone help me fix my program where I can toggle a bit ON and not force it ON. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm trying to communicate with factory talk site edition and when i press a button using the site edition it is not toggling anything.

Is the bit the operand of an output instruction ? It sounds like you've got a physical output that is controlled by an OTE or OTL instruction.

Tell us more about the logic and the addressing.

You can't toggle an input or an output you have to force them. You can toggle a bit if nothing else in your program is controlling it.