Configuring the Time Client in a Red Lion Data Station Plus

leogar07

Hello, I'm in need of help at trying to synchronize my data station plus time client with a computer running Windows 7.
The Time Manager and Time Client are enabled, the Linked DST is not.
The SNTP Mode is set to manual, and the SNTP Server is a Fixed IP set with the ip of the pc running Windows 7, the device and the computer are in the same LAN.
With this set, the time recorded on the Data Logger files do not relate with the one set in the pc.
I don't know if a had to tweak more in the Data Station or adjusting something in the pc.
If anyone could tell me what can I do to make it work, I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for your time.

I have just starting to try using the "Time Manager", although I have synched with the internet site "time.nist.gov" (Fixed Name).

The problem, that I have, which maybe the same one that you have, is that apart from when I "Send" (not 'Update') the program, the HMI doesn't seem update its time clock.

If I Send the HMI the program, and its clock was wrong, it will correct its time, but not otherwise.

Does anyone know how often, or when the Time Manager resynchs the HMI clock with its designated time reference?
🔨

Hi, please see attached document for details of what does and doesnt work (I found this after years of dreading GMT/BST change to time)

The whole linked dst requires a red lion 'server' to provide time.

The quickest way I could get time changed was in crimson, click 'link' in top menu (second from right) then send time. It seems NTP is flaky with red lion products at best of times