RSLinx upgrade issue

nehpets

I have just downloaded and installed CCW software which upgraded my RSLinx to version 4.11.
This has caused me a problem and I was wondering if somebody has the answer or workaround.

The two picture attachments show my dilemma, RSLinx see's everything fine, but when I use RSlogix to discover the comms path, it comes up with unrecognised device, all EDS file etc are in place and the ETH driver is configured, this system has been running fine on RSLinx Ver 3.71.

Iv'e tried deleting the harmony files, no difference, Any Ideas?

Edit - just to add the routing is through Stratix 5700

Thanks
Steve

RSLinx RSWho.jpg RSLogix5000 program who active.jpg

@Nehpets:
When using protocol ETH you have to setup a table with your IP addresses.
When using EIP you do not need to do that.

I guess there must be a powerful reason to use :
192.168.x2.2 instead of 192.168.12.x2.
This has nothing to do with your question, I am just curious.

Its a SCADA system using Intouch - 1 controllogix, 3 compactlogix, DHIO through to multiple SLC500's and panelviews (legacy)all nailed together via Stratix 5700's - the ETH driver has been properly populated and until the RSLinx upgrade was working fine, each PLC and associated SCADA drop are on their own subnet.

Steve

I see a Technote on this. Document ID: QA57014. If you have a TechConnect contract here is the link.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/523550/loc/en_US

There are a few possible solutions.
1. For Windows 10, open Control Panel ==> Programs and Features. Select Turn Windows features on or off. Go to ,NET Framework 4.7 Advanced Services and check ASP.NET 4.7

2. Make sure Logix is not configured to run in Compatibility Mode.

3. Try selecting the Run as Administrator option. You would need to do this for both the launcher and the executable file.

There are a couple other suggestions that might work if those don't.

OG

Thanks for the reply,
I don't have techconnect.

I'm running Windows7 it has a different net framework something like 3.5, but anyway the ASP.net is checked and running.

Not in compatability mode.
I have tried the administrator run option.

As an update - I don't have this problem with the compactlogix PLC's V21 using Studio5000 only with the controllogix V16 using RSLogix5000

Going to try to repair or even re-install RSLogix5000 tomorrow to see if it helps - flashing the PLC is not an option at the moment.

The PLC isn't the issue. Flashing anything won't make a difference. I would try repairing Studio. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall.

OG

Can you try pressing this: https://imgur.com/8zghVNQ

Does it upload it again? If it does, I would just suggest uninstalling all EDS files and downloading them again.
Note: Upload for EDS only works for Rockwell products afaik.

I unistalled CCW and downgraded RSLinx.
I istalled CCW and the new RSLinx on a virtual machine'
I did the trick for me.