OT We have landed

So cool !

I was working with a non-NASA rocket builder this morning and they're just as pumped about this mission's success as their own.

Perseverance / Ingenuity, Al-Amal, and Tianwen-1 all arriving at Mars in a week... pretty damn neat.

Perseverance / Ingenuity, Al-Amal, and Tianwen-1 all arriving at Mars in a week... pretty damn neat.

I was watching a interview and they said they wanted at least two of them to get together so they could take pictures of each other... a whole new meaning to the saying "small world" :)

EDIT: I was also watching the landing and they said something about 10g of gravity, I was on the phone so I could not tell what they were talking about but thats a lot of G's

Last edited:
EDIT: I was also watching the landing and they said something about 10g of gravity, I was on the phone so I could not tell what they were talking about but thats a lot of G's

I think that was soon after the parachute deployed, although it may have been earlier. It was max deceleration IIRC. The Google sez human-loaded parachutes pull just under 3G.

I think that was soon after the parachute deployed, although it may have been earlier. It was max deceleration IIRC. The Google sez human-loaded parachutes pull just under 3G.

Thank you (y)

I only had a couple orders yesterday so I thought it may not be a good idea to tell my customer "can you call back" :)

Never wanted to go to Mars, but ever since the first moon landing when I was a kid I wanted to move to the moon - still do especially if the ex-wife can't go there.

I can now say that I'm using space technology in my control panels.

Almost everything other than a fuse, circuit breaker or relay in a control panel is from NASA technology, directly or indirectly.

EDIT: And, from all the YouTube videos and Twitter & Redit posts, if it wasn't for Roswell you wouldn't know what a transistor or computer was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom