Electronic Keying issue

ID: QA52413 | Access Levels: TechConnect
Generic Ethernet Module: Error 16#0114 Electronic Key Mismatch

What they suggest here is that pertinent parameters were not assigned or not correctly assigned when the Generic Ethernet Module was first defined.

Affected parameters include, but not limited to:

missing device name
missing IP address
missing Assembly number or incorrect Assembly size
duplicate IP address (another module in the I/O tree has the same IP)

You are, similar to Ken's method, advised to...

Delete the Generic Ethernet Module and enter it again avoiding omitting parameters or making any mistakes.

Next, the KeyMask word, which holds the Electronic Keying status, will have been set to a non-zero value due to the original error and needs correcting.

Export/Import
Export project to L5K
Change KeyMask value to KeyMask := 2#0000_0000_0000_0000
Import project from L5K

...and you should be rid of the Keying error. I'm sure either or of these methods should do the same thing?

Regards,
George

I hate it when folks jump to "you're experiencing a bug" before the details are all in, but... you might be experiencing a bug with my name on it.

In version 20.x of RSLogix 5000, there is a possibility for a Generic Ethernet Module to get the Exact Keying setting turned on inadvertently if the Connection Type or Size was changed after creation of the module.

Because it's a Generic Ethernet Module, there's no checkbox in RSLogix 5000 to turn that feature off. Our colleagues are correct that Generic Ethernet Modules don't support electronic keying.

The workaround was:

• Delete the Generic Ethernet Module in the I/O tree.
  • Save the project as *.L5K
  • Open the *.L5K file to create a *.ACD project file from it.
  • Create the Generic Ethernet Module in the I/O tree, being careful to set the Connection Type and Size correctly the first time.
I created a new module, saved file as .L5K, found the Keymask word for that device and it has a value of "0". Does this mean that I shouldn't see that alarm? I set everything exactly to Keyence specs. I am unsure of how to create an .ACD file from an .L5K file. I thought there would be an import option or something under File but there wasn't.

To import just do a File ==> Open. It automatically shows ACD and L5K files. Select the .L5k file you edited and Open. That starts the Import. Just assign the ACD name and if necessary update the version (only newer versions are supported).

OG

Thanks guys for the support. Ken and George's fix worked! I wasn't able to download new program until today. As the great Ron Beaufort says "everyone is fat dumb and happy" now.