S7-1500 and OB82 and Diagnostic Interrupts

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
https://support.industry.siemens.co...ic-s7-1200-s7-1500-?dti=0&pnid=13683&lc=en-WW

Thats the blocks im using in the example - and OB82

It doesnt appear OB82 is being called - the counter in there doesnt increment

I have 3 cards with wire break faults but the tags diag db says all of these are good - no faults

Anyone used these blocks and found them to work or ?

Cant see what I have done that may be wrong......

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 14.24.51.jpg Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 14.25.11.jpg Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 14.25.39.jpg Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 14.26.01.png

Thats diagnostics on the various IO modules.....

Its an ET200SP single rack no IM's

I latched a bit in OB82 and its staying at 0 so I feel sure OB82 is not being called - probably a deeply hidden tis box somewhere o_O

Ok not getting anywhere so dumped all the diag82 blocks and fancy stuff and just used the standard push from diagnostics interrupt to a db to see if that works....

It doesnt.

Just doesnt seem OB82 is being called at all even though I have plenty of errors in the diagnostics buffers....

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 20.12.43.png Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 20.13.00.png

Ok not getting anywhere so dumped all the diag82 blocks and fancy stuff and just used the standard push from diagnostics interrupt to a db to see if that works....

It doesnt.

Just doesnt seem OB82 is being called at all even though I have plenty of errors in the diagnostics buffers....

You are aware that OB blocks are valid only one scan?

Why you can't use module error and device error blocks which TIA have?

You are aware that OB blocks are valid only one scan?

Why you can't use module error and device error blocks which TIA have?

Yes, however it doesnt appear to be being called

What blocks do you mean ?

If you look at my first post - the siemens note - thats what I was trying to achieve (easily) without wasting days rolling my own.......

modulestates and devicestates blocks under extended instructions / diagnostics.

Hardware also needs selections for errors on every card / channel and loading hardware to PLC.

p.s What diagnostic buffer says for calling error OB-block.
It maybe is on other OB than 82 as you don't have IM's / Profinet slaves.

Also there is setting under OB82 / TIA, handle errors within blocks. Is it selected or not?

Last edited:
modulestates and devicestates blocks under extended instructions / diagnostics.

Hardware also needs selections for errors on every card / channel and loading hardware to PLC.

p.s What diagnostic buffer says for calling error OB-block.
It maybe is on other OB than 82 as you don't have IM's / Profinet slaves.

Also there is setting under OB82 / TIA, handle errors within blocks. Is it selected or not?

I have tried all the OB's - Non seem to work for my IO modules

However ModuleStates works a treat, which gives me the faulty slot....

And tried GetDiag for the faulty slot, works a treat again, just need to read the data sheet to see if the hex code and bits tell me what channel it is

Thankyou

Thats not set

Tia works differently than old classic 300/400.

300/400 goes stop and erros are handled only on OB-blocks.

On TIA only certain errors are by default on OB-blocks (from memory OB121 error is one)
Most errors are handled (by default) behind and OB-blocks are not called. CPU stays on RUN even with errros.
Still you can check errors with system blocks on code side and OBs aren't needed.

For my understanding this Handle errors within blocks means that error launches OB-block and you can make your own code there.

As this Siemens example uses OB82, I think that you need to select this OB error handling.

I dumped OB82 and all that siemens code....

using the following two TIA Blocks

ModuleSates
GET_DIAG (modes 0,1,2)

Also payed with Get_IM_Data

However if I look in the manual for the
ET 200SP
Analog input module
AI 2xI 2/4-wire ST (6ES7134-6GB00-0BA1)

On page 26 (attached) how do I get the diagnosis error code 6H which is what I should have for wire breaks.....

The above TIA modules give me plenty of info but not this error code which I also cant see in TIA in the buffers....

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 12.36.14.jpg

if you need wire break of AI-channel, I would go with comparing raw data of channel.
0-27648 is normal range for 4-20.
It is stated on AI-manual which numbers are for mA and Volts for outside normal range.
If would check if channel goes below 3ma or above 20,5ma.

OB-blocks are old way for TIA. Not sure when system blocks for checking errors are added. Pretty sure that they didn't exist first on TIA.