RSLOGIX 5000 project conversion version 10.07 to version 16.04

turbohamad

Respected Experts;
Good day. We have 2 number machines which is designed in RSLOGIX 5000 version 10.07. As we know that now windows 7 is not supported version 10.07.
I have version 16.04 of rslogix 5000. One thing i mentioned that the design is in ControNet.

I wrote the flash of ver 16 and download the program but after 1 week the machine shutdown and i exmine that the Serial interface LED on controller becomes RED and control fails.

Please guide me that what is the proper procedure to convert program and which changes made necessary in datatype or any other change?

Regards

There should be no issues raising a V10 controller to V16.

I can't remember the specific revision levels at which it occurred, but there was a change to the functionality of CST (Co-ordinated System Time), but the conversion process handles that if applicable, popping up a warning dialog specifying the implications for other controllers in a CST environment.

I find it strange that it ran for 1 week before faulting out....

There is a possibility that your ControlNet Bridge module (CNB) may need a firmware update to be truly compatible with controller firmware V16, but you should have been warned if it was not ....

Are you able to get online to retrieve the Major Fault Type number and Code number when the controller faults out ? That would help us to narrow down the problem.

What is the precise model number of your controller, and the firmware revision of your CNB module ?

One more thing that comes to mind is a faulting out of a CNB module on a system that had been in service for many, many, years in a sometimes cold and damp environment (It did not help that the panel designers placed the cubicle thermostat right next to a telephone modem, which kept the thermostat nice and warm!). The cure was to re-seat the module in the chassis, together with a spray of electrical cleaning fluid into the module connector box header.

In fact we did this cleaning and re-seating for ALL the modules in the system, and have had no further problems for over 2 years. 2 or 3 times out and in, with the spray applied after the first "out" should be sufficient ....

Respected Experts;
Good day. We have 2 number machines which is designed in RSLOGIX 5000 version 10.07. As we know that now windows 7 is not supported version 10.07.
I have version 16.04 of rslogix 5000. One thing i mentioned that the design is in ControNet.

I wrote the flash of ver 16 and download the program but after 1 week the machine shutdown and i exmine that the Serial interface LED on controller becomes RED and control fails.

Please guide me that what is the proper procedure to convert program and which changes made necessary in datatype or any other change?

Regards

You need to give us more details than that. What was the fault ID? What did you do to fix it? What is the PLC type? What do you mean by "serial interface led becomes red"? What's the interface card part number? What other hardware is tied to your system? What does the ControlNet network look like? What do you mean by "design in ControlNet"? Did you re-assign some of those nodes as well?

There's a lot of information missing and what you're asking for has already been done. It's important to figure out why the system fails by looking at the fault and addressing that specific problem; there is no cookie-cutter way to convert beyond what you've already done.

You need to give us more details than that. What was the fault ID? What did you do to fix it? What is the PLC type? What do you mean by "serial interface led becomes red"? What's the interface card part number? What other hardware is tied to your system? What does the ControlNet network look like? What do you mean by "design in ControlNet"? Did you re-assign some of those nodes as well?

There's a lot of information missing and what you're asking for has already been done. It's important to figure out why the system fails by looking at the fault and addressing that specific problem; there is no cookie-cutter way to convert beyond what you've already done.

Didn't I already say that ?

Respected Experts;

The controller is 1756-L55.
I think there is no need to upgrade the control net firmware. If you guys are recommended to upgrade also the control net firmware then please guide me how i will upgrade controller programming version from 10 to 16 and also control net firmware.
Two control net communication modules Chanel A and B are configured by RSNETWORX and communicate with ACNRs. HMI also communicate with control net adapter built in Computer.

Regards

I have checked in the manual for the L55, and there is no entry for a solid Red RS232 LED. You may have a faulty controller.

2021-01-04_140238.jpg

Without knowing all the details, I can tell you that I had to make the move from v10 to v16 controller that was tied to DeviceNet and this led me to have to update the firmware of the drives that were on DeviceNet; not just the controller. Without knowing the exact fault code, it's hard to say, but there are several things that need to be addressed. I would refer to the Rockwell compatibility center and make sure that what you have corresponds to their guidelines (to start).