TIA simulated HMI and physical S7-1200

drbitboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am fiddling with an HMI (KP700 Basic Portrait) in TIA Portal. I have a physical S7-1200, but when I simulate the HMI from TP, it does not seem to connect to the S7. When I use the simulated HMI, do I have to also use a simulated S7?

Or are there perhaps some subtle checkboxes I have missed deep in the plethora of menus in TP?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Carcich

Wow, that* is all I needed. Thanks so much!

I chose the .TCPIP.1 option and my existing HMI started working (now that last bit really surprised me;)); there were also options for .ISO and .TCPIP.Auto.1, so it was by guess and by gosh.

Thanks again!

* plus google: I had no idea what or where the pg/pc i/f was; I would never had looked in control panel.