Siemens FM354 Servo module

cottagewood

I have a problem with an FM354 Servo module. There Diag light is on as well as the SF light. I can see the module in Accessible nodes but when I try to go online with the configuration tool, it can’t connect. I’m also not able to download to the FM354.
I then tried it on another system that was fully working and I wasn’t able to go online to the FM354 in that either
My question now is, should I be able to go on line to the servo module? If so, what does anyone have any idea what would prevent me doing so given that I can connect to the PLC and download a program to it?

I do and I'm running it in XP.
From the hardware config I can click parameters and the software will open in offline mode

In case anyone else comes accross this issue this was from Siemens Support:

"We made the experience that the online connection to FM354 does not work with all adapters, especially non-Siemens adapters have problems establishing a connection to the FM354. Also going online to the FM while PLC is in RUN does in most cases not really work. So the best advice is to try with the PLC being set to STOP."

The problem with the servo turned out to be the Flash Memory module in the CPU, must have some how been dragging the 5v down, nothing else on the rack was affected, I've never seen anything like that happen before