1734-IK Module with open collector encoder

Cody Anderson

Hello,

I have a 1734-ik module and trying to connect with an incremental encoder. After getting the module I realized that my encoder is open collector so sending my common as a signal. I see that the 1734-ik module is looking for a plus 24vdc signal. Is there anything I can do to make this work or do I need a new module? Could I use a resistor?

Similar Topics

The issue we have is that the IT2I thermocouple card and the RTD temperature sensor card connected through a point IO AENTR is constantly trying...
Replies
Views
Hi, Maybe someone has an idea or has experience something similar. I have few safety IO output modules (1734-OB8S) installed behind the...
Replies
Views
I'm working with a 1734-AENT PointIO module (manual) connected to a 1769-L30ER controller over fiber ethernet. The 1734 PointIO module has some...
Replies
Views
Hello, awhile back I installed a 1734VHSC5 using the two module setup to ease the wiring to the input module (non-contact laser encoder). I have...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how to inhibit the 232 module from sending data during PLC power-up? To send data during normal operation, the Transmit Record...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom