On-site portable wireless

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Im looking for a solution i can add into the cabinet while commissioning to avoid having guys trip on cables and to have a small amount of mobility.

Im looking at this unit on amazon, heres the specs:

https://www.gl-inet.com/products/gl-ar750s/

couple things i will have to to add will be a 12/24vdc in - 5 volt out to power the unit.

The other thing is i want some serial support as well, i dont think it easily allows me to creat a tcp port of a usb serial device, the usb port looks like it is just for file server stuff. so im thinking i may just add a serial ethernet gateway to it, one that supports df1 and rslinx would be good like the Digione IAP. Thoughts? or other products with everything all in one?

I did browse the forum but only found old posts, speeds and distances are much better now on wifi than they used to...

I use a Ubquiti Rocket M5 with an omni antenna mounted on a tripod. It is POE, so there is only one cable from the cabinet. This works great for commissioning large areas where the M5 can be placed outdoors. For indoor commissioning, I just lay it on top of the panel.