Uniop hmi and ge controller cpu374

Andrewmcm

Has anyone ever had experience of data communication between a uniop hmi and the fanuc cpu374? I have setup the protocol in jmobile, however do i need to setup anything inside Proficy machine edition? I imported tags into jmobile and setup ip address etc. however when running there is no data exchange between the hmi and plc.

It depends on the protocol used. If SRTP Ethernet, no. If SNP or SNPx Serial, maybe. It will depend on how the protocol was written in the Uniop as to if it needs an SNP ID at the Slave end, if it was written for multi-drop it will need the ID if for direct connect it will not or Uniop may have a parameter for this, like Proficy ME does.

Thanks for the reply. I am using srtp protocol. I connected the plc directly to the hmi and there is no comms. I am lost, is it possible i need to setup egd?

Need EGD? No. That may be an option if the Uniop fails at SRTP though as they are two different protocols but IMHO EGD is a poor choice for an HMI.
Triple chick your IP addresses at both ends and try a different cable.
If you can connect to the PLC with PME, any other properly done SRTP device should work too.

I am communicating to the cpu over ethernet from my pc. I have been looking into this more and can not find info on this. The only thing I have found tonight is in jmobile. Under manage target there seems to be a licence that needs transferred onto the hmi. It would make sense. This then would activate the target. The hmi was running today but clearly no comms.

Tomorrow I hope I will have it I am sure it is something stupid. I am using the correct port for srtp comms. Set to 18245. I must of checked ip settings 100 times today.

thanks for your help. I will post my joys or woes once I can get plugged on tomorrow.

thanks
andy

I am using PLC RX3i with Uniop 310 .
Both of them and PC with HMI are connected to switch in the same network (similar IP)
Protocol of Uniop is GE Fanuc SRTP

Did you have to setup anything to allow for data to be transmitted between them? I have communication, however there seems to be no change in tag status. I used one variable to control a lamp on the hmi. The variable in PLC changes state, however the light doesn't.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Success!!!

When you import tags in JMobile...you need to remove the zeros. Eg M0010 should be M 10

Hope this helps anyone who suffers the same

Is Uniop an elitist type of corporation with a need to suppress zeros?
How rude!