Having real time and date on a hmi

Greg7683

I'm using the bbn bilt in tags for the time and date on the screen saver for the weintek and maple systems hmis when I test it at my desk it has the right day that is Friday but when I install it on the line it says Saturday what am I missing. I downloaded a demo and it is done the same on the demo. Cant figure out what's wrong

Most likely, when you test the application on your personal computer, it's pulling the clock and date information from the computer. When you download the application, it is pulling the clock and date information from the HMI. I would check the HMI clock and date and make sure it's correct first.

Most likely, when you test the application on your personal computer, it's pulling the clock and date information from the computer. When you download the application, it is pulling the clock and date information from the HMI. I would check the HMI clock and date and make sure it's correct first.

Yup didn't think about that

In system settings on the time and date tab you can point it to an NTP server. Bit of a faff because it doesn't let you input a city name, but rather you have to tell it your GMT offset, and the specific DATETIME that DST starts, AND it doesn't know about southern hemisphere DST. Plus it loses data for an hour at the DST edge. If you care more about your data than you do about your operators telling you the time is wrong, don't enable DST on a control system. I'd even do away with timezones, but there's no big reason for this unless you have co-plants in different timezones.

Got the time worked out but the arrow on the bottom right of the screen to pop up the settings I turned it off or hid it some how how do I get that back to show can't find the option

There is also a system bit that you can use if you want to hide the system menu I think, possibly LB-12042. This means you can protect it from tappy fingers.

I always make mine an "Invisible" button(That only key personnel knows) and it has to be held down for at least 3 seconds before trigger occurs. This way "TAPPY FINGERS" still don't invoke the setup screen.

I have also placed a setup button on a maintenance screen and once it gets pressed a "Enter Code" confirmation widows pops and they have to enter a special code before they can move on.