RSlogix5

Tim Michols

Hi , i'm looking for copy of RSlogix5 or a laptop with that software on it. I need it to upload code ,so i can rewrite it. any help would be appreciated.

If you're in Germantown, PA, contract Rumsey Electric, the local Rockwell distributor. They either may be able to help, or put you in touch with a local system's integrator (there are several in the area).

It's still going to cost a bit though -- typical rates are $150 /hr, 4 hr minimum (which is probably all you need).

Yes, Already checked with Rockwell, they want $10,000 just for the starter version, which is hard to spend for just one use. Thanks

Sounds like a hell of a deal... :oops:

A simple service call should be your cheapest bet, do you know any local integrators ?

Can you not download it and run on the 7 day grace period to do an upload if all you require is a backup?

If you're wanting to re write and commission, if it's a one off job, probably more cost effective using an SI.

Can you not download it and run on the 7 day grace period to do an upload if all you require is a backup?

No I think you still need a serial number to download it, 10k is on the verge of insanity for any software

And yet, people go to war to defend Rockwell...
Just I defend people here charging $ for their work. Yes.

I'm quite it doesn't cost $10k, it's some # the OP throw out to make a point but as most pointed out, it's better just to hire out this job and maybe long term replace the PLC. PLC 5 parts cost an arm and leg now even on eBay.

Just I defend people here charging $ for their work. Yes.

I'm quite it doesn't cost $10k, it's some # the OP throw out to make a point but as most pointed out, it's better just to hire out this job and maybe long term replace the PLC. PLC 5 parts cost an arm and leg now even on eBay.

List price is $9,980.00

when you say "rewrite it" do you mean "translate it" into some other platform? ... for example from RSLogix5 to RSLogix5000/Studio5000 ... if that's what you're planning, then WHO will be doing the translation step (you or someone else)? ... maybe you have more options that we haven't considered yet ... (no "silver bullet" - but maybe something helpful) ... the more we know, the more detailed help we can offer ...

Last edited: