Delta plc real time clock

splendid8877

Hi all,

I'm planning to set a timer that everyday each 1 hour to on pump.

And If the power trip and then to on back the PLC, the plc still continue to counting.

For example:
I)7pm pump on
II)after 1 hour is 8pm pump on again
III)during 8.35pm power trip
IV)soon after 8.40pm power on back PLC
V)then 9pm pump on neither 9.05pm or 9.40pm pump on

Is it possible to write this program in delta PLC?

Thanks in advance,
Ct

Last edited:
http://www.delta.com.tw/product/em/control/plc/download/manual/DVP-ES2_SS2_SA2_SX2-Program_O_EN_20110302.pdf

Yes this is possible.
You may want to start a memory retentive timer for the pump when it is turned on. This way when power is restored (First Scan Bit) it can continue for the time duration.

Regards,

During the PLC power off, is it the PLC still capable to continue counting?

I would like to set the timer is accuracy even the power off delay 10 minute but still on time to on pump.

For example:
I)7pm pump on
II)after 1 hour is 8pm pump on again
III)during 8.30pm power trip
IV)soon after 8.40pm power on back PLC
V)then 9pm pump on neither delay until 9.10pm or 9.40pm pump on

Best regards,
Ct

Last edited:
The PLC scan will stop if power is removed from the PLC. The PLC will not continue to count.
The real time clock (RTC) is battery backed and has the accuracy of approximately 120 seconds per year. You will have to check the model you are using for exact numbers.

Storing the RTC in internal registers every scan will allow you to know the exact time of the last known scan. Using the first scan bit will allow you to compare the RTC and make the required modifications to the timer for the pump.

Regards,