Omron Devicenet EDS

pbaker88

G'day All,

Having some trouble with an omron devicenet network with nodes going into bus fault. CPU is a CS1G with a DRM21-V1 devicenet maser.

Network has had no previous issues until the last 5 weeks where omron V1000 drives (Yaskawa) are randomly dropping off the network and need to be reset.

Would a wrong version EDS file in integrator cause any issues with comms?

In general, EDS files are used to give the configuration software information about the master and slave devices.

If a system runs as configured and then starts indicating signal quality related faults (like Bus Off), then the problems are almost certainly in the wiring and installation.

I had a system where V1000 drives would drop off the network "randomly" and found that the installer had put in a DC power supply with loosely festooned individual conductors that ran a few dozen feet in a duct with 480V output cable from the MCC. Simply twisting the conductors together and tucking them on the far side of the duct solved that problem, but not until after the customer had spent months ranting about how terrible DeviceNet was.

Thanks for your response Ken,

A quick note to close the post off. It was found that the devicenet trunk cable ran through a small amount of drag chain on a moving carriage. The cable was breaking down around one of the bends which caused these intermittent faults.