How to communicate to Delta PLC from PC ( connected via RS232)

MANISH VORA

Hi, PLC experts, I have a application to develop in which I am to read and write values from a DELTA PLC from my PC which is connected through RS232 ( Comport 1 )l, I have some details of PLC configuration like how to configure Comport 9600,7,E,1
Now, I want to read some value stored in PLC's Data Register like D440 ( memory address ) and want to update it ( write new value in it )
I am using VFP / VB for my frontent development tool.
Pl. guide me... if anyone has any idea about it..

How to send input to PCL ( in binary / HexDecimal / Ascii ) format ?

I have got information from PLCS.net, like
to pass ":" - start string
"01" - slave address
"01" - Command option
"05" -
"14" - Memory Address (starting memory location)
"02" -
"A8" - Memory Address (ending memory location)
"DA" - LRC Check
"CR" - Cerrage Return
"LF?" - Line Feed for ending string
I have tried with above string in Hex format and ascii format, but didn't get any reply ( indication on plc ) from plc.

Pl. Help me as earliest... It is matter of my New Job....Thanks

How to connect a Plc using vb or vb.net or c#.net

HI MANISH VORA....

Can u give me some sample codings to connect delta plc dvp-10sx series using vb or vb.net or c#.net.
still im Surfing i cant get any sample codes and demo's.Can u aid me how to connect and read/write data register values in plc.I'm new to this field to
connect pcl.I dont have any basic knowlege in this so kindly give me a guide to do this process.

Tks in Adv.
Samcaleb05..:mad:

I can't help you on the VB code(a co-worker of mine handles this). But we have done this before with Delta PLCs. The first thing you will need to do is download the DVP Communication Protocol Document here http://www.delta.com.tw/product/em/download/download_main.asp?act=3&pid=3&cid=1&tpid=3

..... and also the DVP PLC Application manual here
http://www.delta.com.tw/product/em/download/download_main.asp?act=3&pid=3&cid=1&tpid=1

You will need the DVP PLC application manual to get the communication addresses for the redisters you want to read/write.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
MANISH VORA
hello, I will send you the test code about pc with plc two days later.
if you want to know other information in details, pls vist my website,but it is Chinese format.

Hello Friend ,

Now a days DLL file for communication between Delta PLC and Vb is available Free of cost on delta website in download section.

i have used that and created application in vb (only one screen).

Only limitation with dll that u can read only 4 data reg at a time. suppose u want to read 12 data reg then u have to use read inst 3 times in vb.

thanks

VB PLC apllication.jpg

anybody know how to write a code in VB that send data or receive from PLC data registers.
What are the steps to do for the successful communication.

thanks