Ifix access of a bit in a Dint

That's where I find a useful difference. In my approach the iFix Tagname and description IS the documentation and is present everywhere its used.

But as I said, opinions differ, this is just one of those times.

Yes Phuz thank you got, it with the DR it works just fine...and yes saves you a lot of tags and bandwidth I guess

Hello, I know it's a old question, but i think I have the easiest solution that nobody presented before:

If you have a WORD tag on your PLC and you have an AI block on IFIX and wants to readout any bit of that AI block, you simply need to create an DR block with the same address as your AI block, instead of creating the AI. You will only be using one siimple TAG, but thats ok if you want to keep both, so you will be able to read/write on both ways: bit to bit, or int value.

Regards

Last edited:
Hello, this is an old topic, and I came across it with the same problem, but I don't think the solution has been given.

I can create a DR pointing to the same tag and use the F_00, F_01, etc.. to access each bit, but I can only do this with INT values. Is there any way of doing it with DINT tags?

Thanks

Hi All,
old post but I found a workaround.
Mine situation:
I have an array of INTs configured in iFix, called Array:
Array[0] is a INT in Controloigix
Array[1] is a INT in Controllogix
Array[2] is a INT in Controllogix
in iFix only one tag is configured, called: "Array"

My problem was to access the third bit of the element seven of the array.
To do this , I wrote a logic statement, using 4 (0100) as a mask:
BIT3 = INT( Array.F_7 ) BITAND INT(4)

With the BITAND you can make a bitwise operation.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and would like to get some background info on fix32/ifix applications. Specifically regarding syntax. In a database I am referencing for a project, a digital register tag, is being declared as 40060:1. Thereafter it is called in scripts using ".F_N" where N is a number that varies based on the script called. Does this enabling a form of bit-picking? I was under the impression that the tag is being defined individually - as a single bit - and therefore cannot be bit-picked.

Would the syntax instead work as such "Tagname.F_2" = 40060:2?

Additionally, I have seen the syntax used in what appears to be an analog array, addressed to 40080. In this instance, would "Arrayname.F_4 = 40084?

Many thanks,

MCarr

I don't use DRs but from the help file it would appear you are correct

Digital Register Block Example
You can display multiple I/O points with a Digital Register block by adding Data links to a picture. The data source you enter is a specified number of values past the block's I/O Address. You can enter A_ or F_ values in the data source, according to your needs.

For example, suppose the poll record you want to access starts at address 4001:0 and this record is composed of 16 bits (4001:0 to 4001:15).

To access this poll record, you enter 4001:0 as the block's I/O address. Then you can create Data links to access individual poll record values by entering an A_ or F_ field as the data source. For example, to access the 9th bit in the record, you would specify the 8th element past the I/O address. As a result, you would enter A_8 or F_8 as the field in the data source.

Likewise, if the I/O address of the poll record is 1075:0 and you want to access the first value, use the field A_0 or F_0 in the data source.

Hey Waterboy,

Thank you very much. I was worried that setting the tag address to 40060:1 in the database manager would only declare 1 DR, not allow me to cycle from bit 0 to bit 16 (or 32 if you use 2 registers).

Do you know where I can get ahold of the help file?

Thank you very much,

MCarr