SCP for Logix 5000

What does Logix 5000 use for the SCP instruction(Scale with Parameters) other than in Function Block or Structured Text. Is there any instruction for ladder? Or is there another way to scale some analog sensors that I am receiving through device net into the processor?

Hi

There is an Aoi for ladder it's in the ab web site for download I think it's n the sample code section

Donnchadh

Do the math..

(((Scaled Max-Scaled Min)/(Max Raw Input-Min Raw Input))*(Raw Input-Min Raw Input))+Scaled Min = Scaled Value

HV8471 - You only said it was Logix5000, you didn't say which platform, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, DriveLogix, or SoftLogix.

If it is ControlLogix, then you can put the analog channel scaling directly on the module, and they will then interface to your control system in Engineering Units without the need for any supporting code.

Do the math..

(((Scaled Max-Scaled Min)/(Max Raw Input-Min Raw Input))*(Raw Input-Min Raw Input))+Scaled Min = Scaled Value

Hi!

This sample can be used with negative Scaled range?

For example
Input: 7186
Input Min: 4000
Input Max: 20000

Scaled Min: -1.0
Scaled Max: 4.0

Scaled Value:???

Thanks for help!
Oliveira

Hi!

This sample can be used with negative Scaled range?

Yes, Mickey wants you to test it, but I'll state that it is the same math as used internally in the SCP instruction itself.

The four parameters lock the conversion straight-line, which will stretch "to infinity" both ways, and "doing the math" will allow any input value, even if it is outside of the min/max range.

The SCP instruction behaves in exactly the same manner, give it an input value outside of the min/max input range, and the output will be outside the Eng Units min and max values.

Kinda surprised Rockwell has not added this in as logix has been out so many years.

In some cases I would like it better than on module scaling. Also it would help when doing conversions from PLC5 AND SLC 500 Systems.

Something I will hit up the Logix 5000 product managers with at this years RS Tech Ed.

I realize this thread is very old but maybe someone can help. I'm a novice logix5K user and now have to convert some antiquated micrologix 1500's to Compactlogix. The SCP instruction is not available in 5K and I am attempting to use the AOI. My question is: What goes in the first entry box?

You need to create tags of the data type "SCP". When you imported the AOI, Studio 5000 should have also created the UDT (User defined data type) called SCP, so it should appear among the choices when creating tags.

I realize this thread is very old but maybe someone can help. I'm a novice logix5K user and now have to convert some antiquated micrologix 1500's to Compactlogix. The SCP instruction is not available in 5K and I am attempting to use the AOI. My question is: What goes in the first entry box?
SCP is now an AOI, so it requires an instance to run. The first box is your instance tag. This is the most annoying inconvenience of it being an AOI instead of an instruction.

SCP is now an AOI, so it requires an instance to run. The first box is your instance tag. This is the most annoying inconvenience of it being an AOI instead of an instruction.
I don't understand your annoyance...if I create a timer instruction, I have to create a timer tag. If I use an AOI I have to create the AOI tag type. Right-click, new tag, give it name, done. The AOI isn't any easier or more difficult to use than a timer.

OG