GE Fanuc PLC with high speed data acquisition?

busarider29

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are exploring options for high speed data acquisition. Currently use AB hardware to do the machine controls and then NI hardware for the high speed (>= 1 kHz) data acquisition portion with load cells, thermocouples, speed sensors plugged into the NI hardware to collect the high speed data. Does Fanuc offer any solutions with their PLC's that would allow elimination of separate hardware, in our case the NI hardware, to do both the machine controls side (PLC) and the high speed data acquisition side?

Fast Data collection.

Not GE Fanuc but GE_IP does.
Using a PAC controller with a Refelctive Memory module to a PC running Historian is about as fast as it gets for off the shelf hardware/software today.

The speed needed will determine which platform is needed, either RX3i or RX7i.

You can ask for someone to come in and talk from here:
http://www.ge-ip.com/products/pac-programmable-controllers/c547

Not GE Fanuc but GE_IP does.
Using a PAC controller with a Refelctive Memory module to a PC running Historian is about as fast as it gets for off the shelf hardware/software today.

The speed needed will determine which platform is needed, either RX3i or RX7i.

You can ask for someone to come in and talk from here:
http://www.ge-ip.com/products/pac-programmable-controllers/c547

This might be the ticket! Been searching all over for something like this and just didn't think it was available in a single PLC unit. If its fast enough on sampling data and kicking it out, say 1 kHz range give or take, then this could be the guy. Thanks!