Sad News to Report...

Ron went way out of his way to help folks he didn't even know. I know because I was one of them. That's just the kind of guy he was.

Paula

"Thanks Ron for the help you never knew you gave me."

These are my thoughts exactly, I just knew that when I saw a reply by rsdoran, that I could take the info to the bank.

I never personally had any correspondence with Ron, but read every post that he replied to, and gleaned a wealth of information from them.

My deepest heartfelt sympathy to his family.

R.i.p

Just read the post and do not know what to say.
From here in Ireland to many parts all over the world you will
be missed.

Donnchadh K.

And from Korea...TTT for all to read.

Donnchadh said:
Just read the post and do not know what to say.
From here in Ireland to many parts all over the world you will
be missed.

Donnchadh K.

I've been around for some time now ... while I may not have posted often. I have often found my answers using the Search and since I'm no expert, by any measure, I haven't often been able to offer answers to those in need. I guess this makes me a lurker.

I am compelled, however, to reply to this thread. Ron has helped, not only myself, but probably hundreds of others in search of automation answers. He always told you what you needed to know. Not necessarily the direct answer, but indeed, the right direction to discover the answer. Kinda like the old saying, "Give a man a fish ... you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish ... you feed him for life". This is how I will remember him.

There is no doubt, this thread is a GREAT HONOR, in reflection of a man that has touched many, many lives in a positive manner. This is, after all, the very definition of success, in my opinion. Not successful in the sense of money or power, but in the sense of "look at all these people that have kind words to say about him." I could only hope that my own passing would generate this kind of turn-out. That would be something worthy of aspiring to ... to have this type of success.

I think Ron is truely imortal, given the memories that we all have of him. His family should be proud of his contribution to society. I am very pleased to have had even a small exposure to Ron's know-how and experience. I'm sure his answers will live on for the life of this forum.

Ron, I wish you a FULL AUTOMATIC journey ahead. PARTY ON my friend! You will be missed.

He will be sorely missed

Been on the road...just found out from Sleepy Wombat...met with Ron one time in Franklin TN before he moved to Birmingham...I will sorely miss him..God Bless You, Ron....🤞🏻

$2275 is getting into the range of being really useful to a family. Ten days to go and can we do $3000?

If only 31 more guys would kick in $25, that would do it. If you have a credit card, Paypal on Ebay is the way to go. I simply mailed a check to Phil.

Lancie1 said:
$2275 is getting into the range of being really useful to a family. Ten days to go and can we do $3000?

If only 31 more guys would kick in $25, that would do it. If you have a credit card, Paypal on Ebay is the way to go. I simply mailed a check to Phil.

I am sure we can do better than that, i was hoping it would get to $3000

What can I say... Ron helped me out in more ways than he ever knew and I like so many others am sitting here with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

Wow... I haven't been around much, and this was a total kick in the pants to come across. I hope his kids (and his family in general) see the responses here and get a sense of how far his reach really was and how much respect people had for him.

I don't know if he and I ever had a civil conversation, let alone acknowledged each other, but I always took a little extra time reading his posts. And there were more than a few times where I taught technicians using information printed straight from http://www.patchn.com.

I hope he enjoyed his run at this whole crazy life thing. He definately made things better while he was here. Anyone so devoted to sharing knowledge should be admired.