EasyBuilder Pro Security settings

You have a POP-UP screen, with a button object, I guess they have to enter some code and then press the button object? what happens if it's the wrong code "Invalid User"? does another pop-up screen appear? how do they exit that and start over again?

Give us some more details, I'm sure myself or another forum user will help with the macro's if that what's really needed.

There is a button that you push for the popup screen to open on that screen it has the user name password and login button and at the moment a close button for the screen but I am trying to do away with the close button and just use the login button to close after they log in.

Create a PLC Control just like the picture.

Then create a MACRO with this in it.

macro_command main()

unsigned short GotoScr

GotoScr = 20//This is the screen you want to jump to
SetData(GotoScr, "Local HMI", LW, 900, 1)

end macro_command

The problem is I don't know what your doing, or how you are checking your login credentials, so if your using a function object to just close window????(this won't work)

But if using another type of button object then just tell that object to excute macro.

CloseWindow.jpg

I am trying to do the same as Greg.

I have tried changing screens using PLC control object after login is completed.

The "Base Window" changes however, the security login pop-up stays open.

is there a macro command that will close screen 7? (Password Restriction Screen)

All you need to do is find out what bit(Address) is triggered for your direct window(Security Login Pop up).

Then add a line in your macro to set that bit back to "0". This will cause that window to also close when the macro fires.

How does your Security Pop Up window become active? Put some screen shots up so I can get my head around what you are doing.

I will be glad to help but I don't understand how you have your program flowing.

The security pop-up window becomes active when the user selects an object which requires security clearance.
This is done by setting an object's security properties to "Display warning message if access denied"

This automatically activates window #7, which is the default pop-up for "Password Restriction"

I still don't understand what your final goal is!!

The only reason window 7 pops up is because the security has not been meet. What is it you want window 7 to do if it pops up?

If security has been meet window 7 should never pop up!!

I would like for window 7 to pop up whenever an item which requires security clearance is pressed, and close after password is input and "Enter" key is pressed.

I don't want the user to have to press the "X" button on the pop-up to close it.

I have configured a Combo Button as the enter key of my pop-up keyboard, everything works the way i would like it to, except for the fact that the pop-up does not close automatically.

I know I'm splitting atoms here, but it just doesn't seem very professional to have to stand around and wait to push the "x" to get rid of the pop-up :)

Thanks again for your help!

Here's where I think a different approach might need to be taken.

Just to make sure I understand - you have an OBJECT on a window that has security, when that object gets pressed windows 7 pop up, but at the same time you have used a PLC Object to change windows to a "LOGIN" screen, is this correct?

If so - This is where I would make some changes, don't call the login screen until the OK button on the windows 7 pop up has been pressed.

So here's how I would approach.
Example: window 10 has the object with security. (A press of that object will cause window 7 to pop up)

Window 7 has a FUNCTION object that excutes a macro.
Create a PLC OBjuct to change screens to "LOGIN" window.

So now what happens is that when the security object get pressed "Window 7 will pop up - when uses presses the OK button the window 7 closes and the "LOGIN" window opens.

A smooth and professional move from screen to screen.

Last edited:
"Just to make sure I understand - you have an OBJECT on a window that has security, when that object gets pressed windows 7 pop up, but at the same time you have used a PLC Object to change windows to a "LOGIN" screen, is this correct?"

No, Window 7 is the default Easybuilder window that pops up as a security warning.

I have configured a Login area on window 7.

Easybuilder limits what you can do when an object is password protected.

The choices are:
"Disable protection permanently after initial activation"
"Display warning message if access denied" (Window 7)
"Make invisible while protected"

I tried to upload images of screens earlier to help explain.

I am currently not using a PLC object.

I tried that and it would change the "Base Window" however, the pop-up window would stay active.

Thanks again!

This is what I'm trying to tell you, I think you need to re-approach your project.

DO NOT USE WINDOW 7 AS A DUAL FUNCTION WINDOW!! REMOVE YOUR LOGIN ROUTINE FROM WINDOW 7 AND CREATE A NEW LOGIN WINDOW.

Let's start over:
Example: Windows XX has a security object that when pressed "Window 7" will pop-up.

Window 7 only needs a FUNCTION BUTTON labeled "OK" "But set the parameters of the function button to "Excute Macro".

Create a PLC Object to change window "Clear Data" for "LW-900".

Create a Login window XX(In my macro i used window 15)

Here's is the macro you should run when the function button on window 7 is pressed.

macro_command main()

int scrn
scrn=15

SetData(scrn, "Local HMI", LW, 900, 1)

end macro_command

This will close window 7 and open your login window.

Just how it should be!

Last edited:
That did it!

I had to use a combo button to run macro & CLOSE SCREEN to get window 7 to close upon execution.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!