Pro-face AGP 3200-A1 and uploading a program

Jim_cz

I'd like to upload a program from Pro-face AGP 3200-A1 but unsure how to do it. There is a USB port but after a bit of googling it seems to me that I'd have to buy a special cable for it.

There is an Ethernet port as well and I'm hoping I could use it for that purpose. I have a GP-Pro EX on my laptop. I don't know the IP and port of the HMI. Could some let me know what are the typical values and possible any other hints how to proceed?

To find out the IP address of the AGP:

https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/qa/gp3000/prtl/setting10e.htm

Set your PC to be on the same IP subnet as your AGP in order to upload then below are the steps to upload over Ethernet:

https://www.pro-face.com/otasuke/fi...sending/sending_pr_ethernettransfergptopc.htm

Thanks a lot. I'll give a try tomorrow at work. I went through the steps you sent me and it mentions that I may need to use a hub. There is currently no hub used in the machine's setup. Do you think it should work even if the laptop and the HMI will be connected directly? And is a straight or cross-over cable needed please?

PS: If the upload is unsuccessful, there is a chance that the person who downloaded the program might have selected/deselected whether the project is stored in the panel... so there is a chance that a project upload is impossible.