Omron C1000H Restart

Steve_D

Guys, my client has an Omron C1000H PLC programmed using CX-programmer. Every time he has a power dip the PLC has to be manually (via software)put into "monitor" mode (the default start mode is "run") so the SCADA system can communicate to it. I know an option is to use a UPS but surely there is a setting for restarting in monitor mode. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, that is right. Check the manuals for system bits and see if there is one there to start up in monitor mode. I do not think there is. Quite an old PLC now.

If I remember rightly, the last time I used one with Citect, I had to use a routine in Citect to check the mode and if in run mode, set a bit to turn into monitor mode.

I have just had a look in CX-Programmer and there is no PLC setup area as in all the later PLCs where you can set up the PLC to start in monitor mode.

It depends on what Hostlink is used. C500-LK203 has a MONITOR/NORMAL Switch which allows Monitor mode upon startup.
C500Hostlink.jpg