How to access discrete I/O,s in RIO chassis form a Control logix PLC

technutdxb

we are converting PLC-5 controls with control logix system.
The idea is to replace only PLC 5 processor and retain all existing PLC I/Os. Most of the PLC I/Os are available in Remote Chassis and are connected using conventional 1771-ASB Remote I/O Adapter. Under conversion program we will connect all existing Remote I/O chassis using 1756-RIO adapter, with new Control Logix processor. So far we could not understand how PLC Discrete I/O's can be accessed in Control Logix program?

PLS Help !!!!!!.
Thanks.

hi technut

Its quite easy, open RSlogix 5000 and build your IO configuration. Apart from your processor you have to add a 1756-DHRIO module. With this module you add your 1771-ASB adapter, select this and then add a generic IO module. You have to select your addressing type in the properties of 1771-ASB.

You can add generic modules to this adapter and then create tags to access the inputs and outputs...

Hope this is of some help...