FactoryTalk View Studio online tag browser...

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
... is not updating with controller changes.

This was working a few days ago.... Now I've had to move a couple of tags from Controller to MainProgram scope, but FTView Studio hasn't seen the changes, still telling me these tags are at the Controller scope.

Also, the online tag browser is not showing me any of the other tags at the MainProgram scope at all...

I've "Refreshed Folders", I've "Refreshed All Folders" several times, and I've left it alone for an hour or more thinking it would sort itself out, but to no avail.

I've shut-down and restated FTView Studio, no effect...

I've deleted the "Harmony.xxx" files, no effect...

I'm totally confused as to why this isn't working today, had no problems before....

Has anyone any ideas why ????

PS. there's nothing untoward in the Diagnostics Log either ...

OK, got it sorted now, a simple restart of the VM FTView Studio is running in cured the problem....

Did you try restarting the RSLinx Enterprise service before rebooting the VM? Most of the time that solves any problem I have with FTView & tags.

Did you try restarting the RSLinx Enterprise service before rebooting the VM? Most of the time that solves any problem I have with FTView & tags.

I'll try that if it happens again.

To be honest it's the first time I've seen it, but it's also the first time I have used FTView Studio in a VM, so that may be the culprit.