Crimson 3 /Red Lion HMI alarm viewer

ly83

I'm using a Graphite to add to an existing machine that has about 15 alarms set to trigger a red light. I'm wanting to use the alarm viewer as an alarm history, so I have a few bits setup to trigger the alarm and show up on the alarm viewer. Is there any way to keep populating while keeping previous alarms on there without having the old messages alarms messages clear out? I want to keep the information on the alarm viewer, but would the event viewer be better for this? I haven't dove into the data logger just yet so it might be an option.

If i use the alarm viewer is there a way to turn off the red alarm indicator if there is no active alarm while keeping information in the alarm viewer? Is there a way to "clear all alarms" without selecting them individually then accepting them?

Use the Event Viewer for alarm history. I normally have a page called "Active Alarms" and another called "Alarm History".

Running the function AlarmAcceptAll() will accept any active alarms. If they are no longer in an alarm state, they will disappear from the alarm viewer. If they are still in alarm, they will take on the appearance specified on the Alarm Viewer primitive. All the alarms will be visible on the Event Viewer, but will change appearance when no longer active. To erase the Alarm History, run the function ClearEvents(). I always do this from an "Are you sure?" pop-up so that it takes at least two touches to erase the history. If security is used on the HMI, I will only allow operation by authenticated users.

I typically have a button labeled "Accept All Alarms" which is tied to a PLC tag. I put a trigger on that tag set to Active On that will run the AlarmAcceptAll() system function. I usually put a 500ms delay for this trigger so that the PLC has a chance to unlatch any alarm conditions that are held true before I AlarmAcceptAll() on the HMI.

Last edited: